Training Visa Hong Kong Application

When will you need a training visa?

Normally, you will need to apply for a training visa when:

  • You have registered a training program organised by a recognised Hong Kong institution; or
  • you are transferring your employee to your corporation’s Hong Kong branch for a training program; and
  • the training program will last for a period from 6 to 12 months; and
  • it has a detail training scheme

Some nationalities however are restricted from visa application in Hong Kong:

  • Afghanistan
  • Cuba
  • Laos
  • Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea)
  • Nepal

* Subject to latest government announcement * 

You are eligible for Training Visa if you have

  • legitimate criteria to register
  • A comprehensive agreement with the sponsoring entity
  • A confirmed training period that is not more than 12 months
  • Solid justifications for attending the training
  • The sponsoring entity should be well-established/recognised company or organisation who ensures your full stay in Hong Kong during the training will be well taken care of

Let Us Help You Apply Training Visa

training visa in hong kong

Who We Are

RedMountain Asia assembles a group of professionals from different fields of back-end operations & management, aiming to provide the best outsourcing solutions to our clients for balancing their business and operational needs……


Most frequent questions and answers

To apply for a training visa, you must be sponsored by a qualified & well-established company. The training entity (i.e your employing company, the institution providing training, etc.) should present a detail training plan/scheme.

An individual is allowed to stay for up to 12 months with no extension.

Your family could come to visit you during your training in Hong Kong as visitor(s) with normal travel visa. They are not allowed to apply for the dependent visa.

Yes, you can if you are 1) an overseas national, 2) sponsored by a recognised organisation or your employing company who offers a training program in Hong Kong, and 3) you are not coming from the following countries:

  • Afghanistan
  • Cuba 
  • Laos 
  • Democratic People’s Republic of Korea 
  • Nepal

Both you and your sponsor shall have to provide documents that are enough to show your validity traveling to Hong Kong, details of the training program and your financial abilities. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.